Vent Mist Eliminators
Eliminate oil mist with 99.9% efficiency
The Vent Mist Eliminator removes visible oil vapor in the air steam of vents from lubricating oil systems of large high-speed rotating equipment, such as gas turbines, steam turbines, turbo compressors, reciprocating engines and gearboxes.
- Oil mist generated by the reciprocating equipment/turbine is drawn from the breather by the blower. The mist is then pulled through the coalescing cartridges where it is trapped and gathered into droplets which fall to the bottom of the housing. The air, less the captured oil, proceeds through the blower and the exhaust silencer, and exits the unit.
- The unit is equipped with an inlet vacuum regulating check valve which ensures that the engine/turbine crank case is always kept at the desired pressure and that the blower is never starved for air.
- Helps insure compliance with government regulations.
- Improves safety by eliminating oily residue caused by settling oil mist on engine room floors, stairways, etc.
- Saves make-up oil costs by returning oil to sump which would normally be lost to air or ground.
- Keeps environment clean and eliminates exterior oil contamination of buildings and grounds.
- Pays for itself in oil savings.
Two versions: coalescer only and coalescer with blower and silencer are available.
- The coalescer model is appropriate for systems that can withstand back pressure.
- The coalescer with blower and silencer model is designed for systems such as reciprocating engines and turbo generators where back pressure can pose a problem. In this application, the unit acts as a vapor extractor as well as a mist eliminator.
Both models with DM type coalescers eliminate oil mist with 99.9% efficiency.
- Tailored to fit specific application requirements.
- Fits in compact area.
- Highly efficient.
- Virtually maintenance free, especially compared to electrostatic precipitation.
- Flow rates from 50 to 1,200 ACFM. For higher flow rates, consult factory.
- Blower and bypass valve combined in one integral package.
- Can be enclosure-roof mounted.
- A cooler is available as an option if vapor is over 180 degrees.